Saturday, July 11, 2009

Getting Ready For Daytona!

So today has been a pretty long day. I went with some buddies to the mall today just to goof off and get some things before we leave for Daytona next week. I AM SOOO READY!!! It's Saturday night and I still have not packed for the trip. =/ I'm excited yeah for the beach, but I am also excited to see what God has planned for the week. I know some of the things we have planned, but it kinda raises your curiosity to see what God's got going on. =) I think back to last yeah and all the fun we had, but I also look at God things. The things that I felt, the things that I saw, that were totally GOD. Tomorrow is Sunday and more than likely our Pastor will call us up to the front of the church for the elders to pray for us. Now I do like this idea but I am not too excited about going all the way to the front of the church to stand there. Now moving on to next week. . . Crowder is going to be there and I WANT him to sing the song "How He Loves". I absolutely love this song! Also, Tomlin will be leading worship and Louie Giglio will be speaking. Sounds like an amazing line-up right? YES!! But is that the entire reason we are going to camp? What do we look forward to for the week? The good times? The fun? The food? The music? Or. . . do we look at next week looking to God, what will happen to the youth group, to us. It's hard to not look at all the fun, music, and good times. But, one thing that I know is true is that God will be there and He is going to do mighty things. I don't know about you but that kinda raises some curiosity and some excitement. You know that excitement like at a football game and they play the opening song where the players come on field. That kind of excitement that sends chills down your spine; that's the kind of excitement I am talking about. I can remember last year when Tomlin first walked out on stage, he played the song "Let God Arise", I started to feel something, a tingle, a chill; was it the music? Just the idea that I was hearing the music that I had sang for so long coming from the writers mouth? Was that it? It was the fact that I was singing this song, the song I had sang for so long in my bedroom, to myself; I was singing this song to the one and only God, God Almighty. Just the thoughts of that right now is making me a little excited, okay maybe a lot excited. Alright well I need to go get some things ready for the trip and for church tomorrow. Have a good night, I will more than likely be back tonight to talk a little more about the trip. See Ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment